- This website and its contents (“website”) is owned and operated by Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers. By accessing or using the website or by purchasing goods via this website, you agree to accept and comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to goods and services purchased through Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers store as well as govern the use of this website.
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and to be construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia. You irrevocably and unconditionally agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia. In the event that any provision of the Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision must to the extent of the invalidity, illegality or unenforceability be ignored and all the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers makes no representation that the content of the website complies with the laws of any country outside Australia.
- All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Links to 3rd Party websites
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers assumes no responsibility and accepts no liability for the terms and condition or content of third party web sites that may be linked to or accessed from the website. Except as Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers may specifically direct otherwise, Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers does not authorise the content of those third party web sites. The website may also contain third party advertisements which contain embedded hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties. The placement of third party advertisements on this website does not necessarily constitute the recommendation or endorsement of Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers for such goods or services.
- Third party advertisers or content providers are solely responsible to you for any representations or offers made by them, and for any goods or services which you agree to purchase from those third parties.
- Any access to the internet can expose you to the risk of computer viruses, malicious computer code and other forms of interference and you acknowledge that you will adopt your own safeguards to ensure that you minimize your risk of damage to your computer, systems or data.
- We do not warranty that use of this website will not expose you to risks of this nature.
Competitions and Promotions
- Certain parts of the website may contain competitions or promotions from Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers or third parties. The terms and conditions for those competitions and promotions will be specified on the relevant part of the website from time to time. By entering or participating in the relevant competition or promotion you agree to be bound by the relevant terms and conditions. Notwithstanding any specific terms and conditions, Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers specifically retains the right, at any time and without notice, to remove, alter or add to competitions or promotions on the website without any liability to you.
Disclaimer and liability
- This website is provided on an “as is” basis. Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers has used its best endeavours to ensure that the information contained on and accessed through the website is correct and current at the time of publication.
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers does not accept any liability for our failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions due to circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers, its affiliated companies and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and contractors:
- Do not make any representation, warranty or endorsement of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the website, your access to the website or results of your access, or the information, content, materials or products on the website; and
- Do not warrant that the functions on the website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that any defects will be corrected or that the server which stores and transmits content to you is free of viruses or other harmful components.
- Subject to any non-excludable liability for breach of conditions or warranties implied by legislation and to the maximum extent permitted by law, under no circumstances (including but not limited to any act or omission on the part of Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers, will Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers, its employees, agents or contractors accept liability for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages or loss of profits resulting from any use or access, or any inability to use or access the website.
- You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers, employees, agents and contractors (“those indemnified”) in respect of any claim, liability, loss, damage, cost (including legal cost) or expense which those indemnified may suffer or incur as a direct or indirect result of your wilful or negligent act or omission with respect to your use of the website (or any part of it) or the violation of these Terms and Conditions by you, or the infringement by you, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
- Intellectual Property & Restrictions On Use Of Content
- The website is subject to copyright under Australian law and, under international treaties, and the laws of many other countries. The website contains trademarks, intellectual property and copyright protected works which is owned by Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers, and third parties. Except for the direct purpose of viewing, accessing or interacting with the website for your own personal use or as otherwise indicated on the website or these Terms and Conditions, you must not copy, reproduce, communicate to the public, adapt, print, display, publish, transfer, distribute, store or create derivatives of any of the contents of the website, or incorporate any part of the website into another website without Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers’s express consent.
Ownership of Submissions
- You further warrant that the content of any submission made will not infringe the intellectual property of any third party.
- We reserve the right to store any submission made and will do so if there is any legal requirement to do so.
Termination and Cancellation
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers reserves the right in its sole discretion to revise the content of, amend links from, or withdraw access to the website, at any time without notice. Any amendments to these Terms and Conditions placed on this website will come into effect immediately and your continued use of the website will constitute agreement to the new Terms and Conditions as amended. Without limiting the operation of any other Terms and Conditions herein, Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers will not be held liable for loss or damage arising from the exercising of these rights. Any indemnities given by you and limitations on Lewis Watchmakers & Jeweller’s liability will survive such termination or cancellation.
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out the way in which we will use, manage and protect your personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles and all relevant privacy legislation protecting the rights of individuals.
How Do We Collect Information?
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers may collect personal information from you including your name, address, telephone number and email address when you knowingly provide us with information, including when you create an account on this website or when you submit a form on Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers website.
- How Do We Use Information?
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers may have access to, and use the personal information that you submit to us and that we collect via your activity on this website or your purchase activity in store and via this website and process that information to provide and improve our services. Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers may disclose this information to its affiliated companies in Australia and overseas. Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers may disclose this information to its suppliers, contractors or agents for the purpose of providing the goods and services that you have ordered and/or requested. Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers may also now and again send you offers or information on goods or services that Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers considers will be of interest to you. Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers may also allow that information to be given to third parties for a similar purpose unless you have clearly indicated that this is not to occur.
- Personal information that you submit to us including your name, address, telephone number, email address and other information you may provide, may be disclosed to a third party:
- a) to meet the purpose for which it was submitted; or
- b) for the purpose of processing and delivering your request; or
- c) we have your consent to share the information; or
- d)if we are required or authorized by law to disclose the information; or
- e) if your personal information is collected in connection with a joint promoter, to that joint promoter for marketing and research purposes.
Access, Accuracy and Security:-
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- You can access and request correction of any personal information concerning you at any time on the website or in store.
- You may also request that we delete your personal information at any time. Any such requests should be made directly by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers will not collect use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted in the Australian Privacy legislation.
- Each time you visit the website our server collects some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your server’s IP address.
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers may collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how the website is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits and the most popular session times. We may use this information to evaluate and improve our website performance.
- A “Cookie” is a piece of information that our web server may send to your machine when you visit our website. The Cookie is stored on your machine, but does not identify you or give us any information about your computer.
- A Cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit our Website and to co-ordinate your access to different pages on the website. With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more.
Links to other sites
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers may provide links to other sites. If you use these links, you will leave our website and we are not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their usage of your personal information.
- We advise that you check the privacy policies on those sites.
- Please contact us on email@example.com if you wish to discuss any privacy issues, or if you do not wish to receive any future communications from Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers.
Goods and Services Representation
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all product descriptions and specifications contained on this website are technically accurate.
- Whilst every reasonable care has been taken to ensure that product images shown on this website are an accurate representation of the actual product the very nature of imaging product and reproducing those images on a website means that we cannot warrant the accuracy of these representations and product may appear larger or smaller than actual sizes and colours may vary.
- Whilst we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all product advertised on this website is available we cannot guarantee the availability of any product.
- All goods and services offered for sale on this website comply with Australian law but we do not warrant that they will comply to the laws of any other country.
- Goods and services offered for sale on this website are available for shipment or delivery within Australia and internationally.
- All purchases of goods and services made on this website must be paid for in full at the time of purchase.
- Payment for goods and services purchased on this website may be made only by Visa or Mastercard credit cards and are made via PayPal payment gateway. The Direct Debit and cheque payment is also available.
- Whilst we make every effort to ensure the security of your payment through the payment gateway you acknowledge that no transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure and therefore you use your credit card to make payments for good services on this website entirely at your own risk.
- All prices shown on this website are in Australian dollars and inclusive of GST.
- International orders attract a delivery fee.
- All international orders are subject to duties, taxes and fees as determined by their local government. The customer is responsible for all duties and taxes.
Shipping of Goods Purchased Online
- Goods purchased on this website will incur a delivery fee. All orders are delivered via the Australia Post tracked delivery system.
- Available goods will generally be dispatched within 2 business days from the date of purchase and delivered within 5 business days of the date of purchase although no guarantee can be given on the delivery date of goods purchased on this website.
- Title in the goods purchased will pass to the purchaser upon dispatch from our distribution centre. Transit insurance is provided up to $5,000 provided Australia Post records corroborate that the item was lost whilst in transit.
- Where payment confirmation information received from Financial Intermediaries is insufficient to verify the payment details, Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers will contact the purchaser and discuss other payment options including shipping through Australia Post on a Cash On Delivery basis.
- This returns policy is governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia.
- Merchandise purchased from Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers store may be returned within 7 days of the date of purchase for exchange only for merchandise of an equivalent value.
- Merchandise purchased via the Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers website may be returned within 30 days of the date of purchase for a full refund, goods of equivalent value.
- Any merchandise returned must be in new and saleable condition and accompanied by the original sales receipt and original packaging.
- Customised merchandise or merchandise purchased through special orders will not be eligible for return. Refer to conditions of sale provided at time of order.
- Merchandise purchased on the Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers online store must be returned to Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers store or posted via secure post to our 49 Grafton Street, Coffs Harbour, NSW, 2450, Australia. There is no value limit for returns for items returned in this manner provided all of the conditions stated in clause 6b,c,d,e,f are met.
- Merchandise purchased on the Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers online store for $1000 or under and returned in saleable condition may be exchanged for an immediate full refund or goods of equivalent value.
- Merchandise purchased on the Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers online store with a purchase price of over $1000 and returned to Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers store will need to have an assessment before a full refund or exchange of equivalent value can be arranged.
- For merchandise purchased on the Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers online store and returned, you should allow up to 3 weeks from receipt of your goods at our Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers store before you receive your full refund. You will be notified via email once this has been processed.
- Any refunds will be processed to the credit card used for the original purchase.
Warranty and Extended Guarantee Returns
- Our product comes with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable loss or damage. You are entitled to have the goods repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and does not amount to major failure.
- Any defects in material and/or workmanship that become evident during the Standard Guarantee validity period will be remedied by Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers. The form of remedy will be at the sole option of Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers and will be limited to repair, replacement or refund.
- In order to claim a remedy under the Standard Guarantee the goods must be returned for assessment and accompanied by the original purchase receipt.
- The Standard Guarantee does not include the following to the extent they are permitted in the relevant legislation;
- Damage due to ordinary wear and tear,
- Damage due to misuse, accident, alteration, substitution or abuse.
- Repairs and alterations performed by someone other than Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers,
- Theft, disappearance or loss (including loss of gem stones), and
- Any type of use causing damage or deterioration.
- Lewis Watchmakers & Jewellers reserves the right to judge whether the jewellery/watch has been subject to any of the above mentioned exclusions.
- White gold and some silver jewellery is rhodium plated to enhance its appearance. This rhodium plating can wear off during normal wear and tear. Accordingly any rhodium plating is excluded from the Standard Guarantee.
- When jewellery is repaired under guarantee or warranty, only the remaining term of the original Standard Guarantee will continue to apply. When jewellery is replaced under guarantee or warranty, the new item of jewellery will automatically come with a new Standard Manufacturers Guarantee from the date of replacement.